Thursday 7 February 2013

Mood Board

Romance


I added iconic landmarks such as the eiffel tower and empire state building as these are often seen within romance films to determine the setting and also as they're seen as a romantic symbol and siting.

 I added a lot of expensive looking jewellery and diamonds, particular rings as these are often seen as a romantic gesture and rings are obviously a symbol of either engagement or marriage. I added watches to my mood board to represent time and how romance is often built up over a period of time and also is fairly symbolic in the way of films such as 'Cinderella'. 

I kept to a colour scheme of reds, pinks and pastel colours as these are often linked with romance. I added pictures of flowers, specifically roses and orchids and also a blossom tree as these are though as to be a romantic gesture which would be given perhaps on valentines day.

My pictures which include people are noticeably not very contemporary and of an older date which is due to romance being thought as being lost throughout the recent years and so this is why my film is going to be set in the past. These years are often thought as being more romantic as the method of communication isn't as modern through the use of phone calls for example but instead letters and arranging to meet.

I have included props such as the ballet shoes which are in fact pointe shoes as ballet is often considered a romantic style of dance and also the pale colour of ballet shoes linked to my theme. The masquerade mask was another prop which I believe is considered romantic as they're often used in films such as 'A Cinderella Story' and even slightly in 'Romeo And Juliet' and are used between two lovers meeting.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete